Re: Quick release options for microphones

Subject: Re: Quick release options for microphones
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Mon Apr 3, 2017 10:30 am ((PDT))
> So you just clip your blimps to this?

I use Rykote =93ball gags=94 with my Sennheiser MKH 8020s. The 8020s are so=
 small they would fall into the windscreen, so I use pad/phase reverser acc=
essories just to put enough handle on the 8020s so I can use the clothespin=
 clips to hold them on the Jecklin disk. I use the same clips on top of ult=
ralight Zipshot tripods for my rear channels.

> You don't get any additional vibration or anything from the clip when usi=
ng it in the field? I've heard your recordings, so I am guessing the answer=
 to this is "no=94.

The only vibration problems I have are the occasions when a moth bangs into=
 the tripod, or when I fail to trim the cables properly and the wind causes=
 a cable to bang on the tripod.

> I tried the less expensive Onstage quick release adapters, and they all s=
eemed to have a little "play" in their connection which gave me quite a bit=
 of handling and vibration noise in the recording. Which is why I am lookin=
g at the super expensive Ambient Quick Release systems.

I don=92t think those are necessary. The clothespin clips are good for hand=
ling with gloves on, also.

> Thanks,
>
> Jason

You=92re welcome,