help with Olympus LS-11

Subject: help with Olympus LS-11
From: "Peter Annear"
Date: Mon Feb 6, 2017 7:54 am ((PST))
Dear friends,I am looking forward to exploring the sounds and expertise in =
this group.I have recently acquired an Olympus LS-11 from ebay. It seems in=
 good condition and I have made some excellent short recordings using it wi=
th a pair of Brady omni microphones.
=A0Yesterday I went to the Avalon Marshes to do a drop and collect recordin=
g in the reed beds hoping to record a range of water fowl and then the murm=
urating starlings. I had set recording mode on the highest uncompressed set=
ting (PCM 24/96) which on my 32G card indicated I should get over 15 hrs of=
 recording (I had also put in fresh batteries). When I went back 3 hours la=
ter I found it had stopped after 10 mins recording. That was pretty frustra=
ting!=A0
I then decided to switch off the auto power off thinking it might be someth=
ing to do with that and set it up again later that evening to run through t=
he night. This time I got 5 files all of just over an hour/1.99G (as expect=
ed from reading the handbook) and a final file of 644Mb: about 5.5 hours re=
cording in all. The battery check still showing 3 (full) bars. I can't work=
 out why it should have stopped when it did. Any help and suggestions grate=
fully received.
Happy uninterrupted recording to you all,Peter Annear