Re: faux fur

Subject: Re: faux fur
From: "Kevin Lucas" kslbirder
Date: Wed Aug 3, 2016 12:13 am ((PDT))
Here in eastern Washington state I found swaths at a JoAnn Fabric store.
Pieces are about 9" by 12" and cost $3.24. It has about a 2" maximum hair
length. I chose gray. That worked for the roughly 3" diameter and 7" long
mic screens I'd made up, hand sewing. It works well in light wind. I also
put a small piece on my superzoom camera over the built-in mic for a huge
improvement. For that I used double-sided adhesive foam tape, with a hole
cut in the foam tape over the mic opening.

Item # zprd_4919189a should get you close.
Here's a direct link (you might need to change color):
http://www.joann.com/9-x-12-inch-black-craft-fur-long-pile/zprd_4919189a.ht=
ml#q=3Dfake%2Bfur&start=3D16

All of the bolts of materials I found locally had shorter hair and or very
thick backing that I figured wouldn't work well.

Kevin Lucas
<http://www.joann.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-JoAnn-Site/default/Product-=
Variation?pid=3Dzprd_4919189a&dwvar_zprd__4919189a_var_attrib_desc=3D491918=
9>

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 10:31 AM,  [naturerecordists] <
> wrote:

> I am looking for a source of acoustically transparent faux fur.  Somethin=
> similar to the dead wombat that Rode ships with their blimps would, or
> course, be ideal.  I need only about 1 square yard, but I will buy whatev=
er
> minimum is necessary. Can anyone help?
>

> Russ Wigh

<*> Your email settings: