Re: Portable solar chargers?

Subject: Re: Portable solar chargers?
From: "Daan Hendriks" daan_humanworkshop
Date: Fri Jul 8, 2016 5:30 am ((PDT))
Thanks a lot for your answer, Gerrit, it's been helpful. I'd not heard of
the Powerfilm Solar panels yet. After having checked the specs of my main
portable battery a bit more thoroughly it seems I need something more
powerful (it needs a minimum of 1.5 amps to charge). FWIW, I've in the
meantime found the Sunkingdom 39w and 52w panels which seem to pack a lot
of juice and can provide power to a 12v battery at up to 2.2A in optimum
conditions. These are much larger and heavier than the one you use though,
multiple foldable panels weighing close to 2 kg.

I've also looked closely at the Powermonkey products such as the
Solargorilla, which have a really fancy marketing and appear to be perfect,
but online reviews vary wildly. Other than that I've not found many other
suitable options that are easily shippable to Europe/UK.

Cheers,
Daan

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Gerrit
[naturerecordists] <> wrote:

> Hi Daan,
>

> I use them frequently and have been having reasonable results (all pendin=
> proper matching battery to Solar panel, panel-wattage/power-needs ratio a=
nd
> of course light conditions) with the waterproof, nearly indestructable,
> reasonably lightweight and also operatinal at lower light intensities
> (typically of my Dutch and other (forested) moderate sea climate
> conditions) rollable panels of Powerfilm
> http://www.powerfilmsolar.com/products/?r7__7_watt_rollable_solar_panel&s=
how=3Dproduct&productID=3D271515&productCategoryIDs=3D6578.