Re: Digest Number 6599

Subject: Re: Digest Number 6599
From: "Meena Madhav Haribal" asiootusloe
Date: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:44 am ((PDT))
Hi all,

I hope you will sign this petition to stop helicopters over Glacier Mountai=
n National park. For that matter I would agree anywhere in the world. It is=
 one of the most annoying noise I have ever heard. I was in Igua=E7u Nation=
al Park on the Argentinian side and was trying to record birds, but every f=
ew minutes there was helicopter noise from  Brazilian side flying over and =
made me go crazy. Same thing was true in Glacier Mountain National park too=
. Even in Ithaca, New York when I am trying to record a bird there are alwa=
ys one or two noisy jets flying overhead at any given time of the day and c=
ould not record anything for a minute continuously.

https://www.change.org/p/u-s-secretary-of-interior-sally-jewell-quiet-glaci=
er-national-park-restore-the-natural-soundscape?utm_source=3Daction_alert&u=
tm_medium=3Demail&utm_campaign=3D595832&alert_id=3DJaPEjDgaWp_rNot1irAQAzRE=
ngFKL%2Bpn0Pj%2BBPB2LClvdBgEjiEP4U%3D

[http://d22r54gnmuhwmk.cloudfront.net/photos/4/dm/oo/BlDMOOqtxVaKkwJ-1600x9=
00-noPad.jpg?1461914140]<https://www.change.org/p/u-s-secretary-of-interior=

tore the natural soundscape<https://www.change.org/p/u-s-secretary-of-inter=
ior-sally-jewell-quiet-glacier-national-park-restore-the-natural-soundscape=
?utm_source=3Daction_alert&utm_medium=3Demail&utm_campaign=3D595832&alert_i=
d=3DJaPEjDgaWp_rNot1irAQAzREngFKL%2Bpn0Pj%2BBPB2LClvdBgEjiEP4U%3D>
www.change.org
Glacier National Park needs our Help! Extremely noisy helicopter scenic ove=
r-flights are destroying the peace and tranquility of Glacier National Park=
, Montana. These helicopters serve a very elite few, and create incessant n=
oise pollution that all other visitors and wildlife must endure. Noise...

Cheers

Meena

Meena Haribal
Ithaca NY 14850