Re: Bat detector calibration

Subject: Re: Bat detector calibration
From: lamprophis1963
Date: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:13 am ((PDT))
Peter,

I'm not sure what you did and didn't do, but I was playing with this in Aud=
acity and Windows 10 last week after reading this conversation and couldn't=
 get it to work until I reset the default sample rate for my speakers and m=
y sound card.   In Windows 10 it was in a slightly different place than pre=
viously described.
 I typed in Sounds to the search box at on the desktop and it brought up th=
e Sounds Control Panel.
 In the Sounds Control Panel, I selected my speakers the selected propertie=
s at the bottom of the control panel.  Under the Advanced tab was the optio=
n to set the Default Format (sample rate) which I set at 192khz and 24bit. =
 I then did the same for all the output options (digital output, etc) liste=
d in the Control Panel.

 After that I could generate ultrasounds (at least up to 48Khz where I coul=
d capture them with my Olympus LS-11).  I could generate them through my sp=
eakers and my line out on my soundcard.

 Then in Audacity make sure you set the project rate to 96khz or higher, th=
en use the Generate Tone option to generate a tone.

 Not sure if that is stuff you had already done or not, but that worked for=
 me to be able to generate a signal my LS-11 appeared to pick up?

 Chris