Re: Remote recording devices/traps

Subject: Re: Remote recording devices/traps
From: inetd_conf
Date: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:12 am ((PST))
That should work fine. I've powered hardware on the bench while testing by =
clipping a power supply to the battery terminals.

 The only possible complication I can see is if the recorder is picky about=
 the battery voltage. Most devices regulate and filter pretty heavily, so i=
t shouldn't be a problem, but it's something to keep in mind. You want to g=
et as close to the nominal voltage it's expecting anyway, though. Depending=
 on the regulator, anything you feed it over the voltage of the alkaline ba=
tteries would just get dissipated as heat.

 Still, wiring it the way Peter is saying would give you a lot of options. =
If the thing takes four AAA batteries and you supply it with four D batteri=
es it'll extend the battery life a TON without risking overvoltage. I haven=
't done that with a recorder (yet) but I've done that with other hardware.

 Tom