Re: Which is better regarding gain and sensitivity?

Subject: Re: Which is better regarding gain and sensitivity?
From: "Jonas Gruska" mrqwa
Date: Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:09 am ((PDT))
How abot this test?
- Place the mic in front of a speaker in quiet room.
- Play a 1kHz sinewave with few seconds of consequent silence an record it =
at -12 dBFS. Once on high sensitivity mode, once in low, but always match t=
he gain before recording to read -12 dBFS while playing sinewave.
- Load files into the computer and normalize to compensate the little offse=
t caused by inaccurate metering
- Compare the noise floors using spectral analyzer plugin suchas Voxengo SP=
AN.

Regards, Jonas