Re: Followup On Talking To The Press

Subject: Re: Followup On Talking To The Press
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:43 pm ((PDT))
I'd be pretty pleased with that. I assume the "special triangular box with a
foam nose" is what we call a SASS rig here? What sort of microphones do you
have in it?

Peter Shute

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Aug 2014, at 7:05 am,
"<> [naturerecordists]"
<<>>
wrote:

A few weeks ago I posted an open request asking for tips on talking to a
reporter with the Las Vegas R/J.  I got some great responses from you guys.
The advice was exactly what I needed to hear.  Regretfully, I forgot to post a
link to the article after it ran.  Realizing that this now old news
(so-to-speak), here's the link, in case anyone is still interested.  I thought
the reporter, Henry Brean, did a nice job (considering the material he had to
work with!)Quest for quiet leads Henderson man into the
wild<http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada/quest-quiet-leads-henderson-man-wild-0>

[http://www.reviewjournal.com/sites/default/files/field/media/web1_QUEST-FOR-QUIET_061914CS_002_30.jpg]

<http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada/quest-quiet-leads-henderson-man-wild-0>

Quest for quiet leads Henderson man into the wild
<http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada/quest-quiet-leads-henderson-man-wild-0>
Fred Bell is on a quest for quiet. The Henderson man spends his free time
stalking the sounds of solitude using high-tech recording equipment he as...

View on www.reviewjournal.com
<http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada/quest-quiet-leads-henderson-man-wild-0>

Preview by Yahoo

The blog that I have been writing about my project for Ash Meadows National
Wildlife Refuge was also mentioned in the article.  Here's a link to that, as
well.

Thanks again.

Ash Meadows Soundscape Project<http://ashmeadowsounds.wordpress.com/>

[https://s0.wp.com/i/blank.jpg] <http://ashmeadowsounds.wordpress.com/>

Ash Meadows Soundscape Project <http://ashmeadowsounds.wordpress.com/>
Sound recordings, photography, history, insight from Fred Bell

View on ashmeadowsounds.w... <http://ashmeadowsounds.wordpress.com/>

Preview by Yahoo

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional