Re: Neumann KM183 and Telinga Universal

Subject: Re: Neumann KM183 and Telinga Universal
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:51 am ((PDT))
Hi Nick,

if I am not wrong -  you got the first  "upgraded" Telinga Universal
MK2 handle thru Augur Films Ltd. - where you can simply pull out the
handle cable to correct length (without using adapter) in any
direction. Then place the mic backwards or forward - which way you prefer,
as Dan Dugan described.

"But I'm wondering whether it should be pointing into the dish
instead..." but that would leave a lot of mike hanging out ..."

That=B4s why the red rubber holders are placed at the end of the
Zeppelin holder, they will keep
the microphone steady "in position", even if the mic is hanging out a
bit.  After adjusting the cable to correct length from the handle
thru the holder and connected to the microphone, your only concern
should be to place the mic's capsule at the dish focal point.

Your handle is also fitted with the new adjustable "stopper" which
you can place and lock inside the tube (when using a mic facing the
dish) to prevent any interference coming from the back.

A PDF-quick guide manual will be online  before the end
of this week.

Best regards, Jon Strandberg
Telinga

At 16:13 2014-08-08, you wrote:

>I'm trying to figure out which way round I should use a Neumann
>KM183 omni in my brand-new Telinga Universal. It appears to be too
>long, with the XLR connector, to fit with the end at the recommended
>12cm when inserted from the back. But I'm wondering whether it
>should be pointing into the dish instead, but that would leave a lot
>of mike hanging out of the front of the zeppelin.
>

>Thanks
>

>Nick

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.