Re: Tips For Talking to the Press?

Subject: Re: Tips For Talking to the Press?
From: rock_scallop
Date: Mon Jun 2, 2014 6:18 pm ((PDT))
Hi Fred,
The "vanishing natural soundscape" is a good story, but make sure to make it
your own.

If I were to give an interview today, this might be my angle.
I record nature sounds because it is a great way to get out into nature and to
enjoy the natural quiet.
Sometimes when I am out in nature there are moments when the weather calms to a
lull, and there are breaks between the noise of jets or highway traffic.  Such
quiet moments are becoming increasingly rare with the loss of natural spaces,
more and busier roads, and always more air traffic.  To me these quietest
moments of natural quiet seem very important, as only then can the birds be
heard answering to the most distant and quiet voices.  Natural noise must also
be important - for some animals like to try to move undetected under the cover
of a gust of wind, but I fear with all the added human noise the balance is now
thrown far off, probably everywhere on our planet, and for the loss of these
quietest moments most living creatures and natural ecosystems must be suffering.

John Hartog
rockscallop.org

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional