Re: Tips For Talking to the Press?

Subject: Re: Tips For Talking to the Press?
From: listeningfor1
Date: Sun Jun 1, 2014 8:24 pm ((PDT))
David that=E2=80=99s an excellent point of view, keep things positive.  =0D
=0D
So in that light, I=E2=80=99ll bite on the question?  Why do I do this?  I =
find listening to nature stimulating, pleasurable, perhaps romantic even (i=
n a literary sense.)  I have preferred quiet for a very long time.  I suppo=
se I=E2=80=99m just wired that way.=0D
=0D
Why not buy recordings instead?  Sometimes I do, but when it=E2=80=99s a re=
cording that I have made there=E2=80=99s a memory and sentiment attached to=
 it that is personal to me.  Millions of people take photographs every day,=
 yet no one would likely ask them the same question.=0D
=0D
Why does that one plane or Harley motorcycle matter?  I=E2=80=99ve heard th=
e world with mechanical noise and without, and I prefer to hear it without =
the intrusions.  To hear pure nature takes my imagination to another time. =
 As soon as I hear something outside of nature, then the spell is broken.  =
I am recaptured from my escape.  My state of relaxation is agitated and my =
blood pressure goes up.=0D
=0D
But the plane is so high, you can barely hear it.  Well put these headphone=
s on and now tell how loud it is.  You are basing your judgement on the lou=
dness of that plane in reference to your hearing.  Perhaps other creatures =
hear the plane=E2=80=99s volume differently.=0D
=0D
Maybe this hole thing will be a good exercise.=0D
=0D
Thanks.=0D
=0D
Fred