Re: Ruffed Grouse, You're Killin' Me

Subject: Re: Ruffed Grouse, You're Killin' Me
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Fri May 30, 2014 3:18 pm ((PDT))
I listened to Ruffed Grouse on this recording:
http://www.xeno-canto.org/153365

I don't know how that recording compares to yours, but I can hear it ok on =
my PC speakers, which have cones about 5cm diameter, but much better on my =
MDR-7506 headphones, which have 4cm drivers.

On a side note, the Xeno Canto spectrogram doesn't really do the drumming j=
ustice, showing it as insignificant dots at the bottom of the scale, and do=
esn't even show the end of the sequence. I wish they'd show live spectrogra=
ms as you play the recordings.

Peter Shute