Re: Ruffed Grouse, You're Killin' Me

Subject: Re: Ruffed Grouse, You're Killin' Me
From: "John Crockett" naturalcontemplative
Date: Fri May 30, 2014 2:27 pm ((PDT))
Hi Jennifer

When you say computer speakers, do you mean the built-in speakers or
external speakers? My Apple Powerbook speakers are incapable of
reproducing grouse drumming, but my external speakers, which have a
small "subwoofer" - although it hardly deserves the name - do fine.
My built-in speakers can't reproduce anything below about 150 Hz, and
the bulk of the energy in the drumming grouse is below 50 Hz. To hear
it at all it has to be raised a couple of octaves, which obviously
makes it sound nothing like a drumming grouse.

John

John Crockett

Let us live in harmony with Earth
And all creatures