Re: Ruffed Grouse, You're Killin' Me

Subject: Re: Ruffed Grouse, You're Killin' Me
From: madl74
Date: Thu May 29, 2014 7:25 pm ((PDT))
> Recently, I recorded the drumming of a ruffed grouse. I used an SD 702
> recorder and a Sennheiser MKH 416 shotgun in a Rycote with a fuzzy. I use
> Adobe Audition CS 5.5 for post.
>
> My problem is that the sound is OK (not outstanding, just OK) through
> headphones, but practically inaudible through computer speakers.

Jennifer,

You didn't send a file of the grouse. I enjoy analysing recordings and will
give you a crit on it. The original raw file is best. The problem may be
with the computer speakers not doing best with the grouse frequencies. I'm
always advising folk to record low and bring it up later.

Glad to see someone else using an MKH-416, my favourite mic. I use two as a
stereo pair.

David Brinicombe

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional