FYI about Olympus LS-100

Subject: FYI about Olympus LS-100
From: "Gianni Pavan" gpavan1960
Date: Tue May 6, 2014 12:31 am ((PDT))
for those interested in long recordings, the LS-100 works well with Lexar
256GB SDXC cards. It effectively records 238 GB, splitting files every 2GB.
The exact size in time is 3:06:22 if recording in stereo, 48kHz, 16bit. If
recording in stereo, 96kHz, 24bit, the time is 1:02:07.
This means you can record continuously for 15 days at 48kHz/16bit/stereo.
Important to note, the filenames include the date and a progressive number.
No time-of-day information. Time-of-day info can be retrieved by reading
creation time; then it is useful to use a renaming software to add the
creation-time to the filename.

As for powering, with an old 120Wh battery I get 8 days of continuous
recording by using internal mics. I'm waiting to get a 250Wh to test 15
days of continuous recording, and also to test the with external PIP.

Write me if you need more detailed information.

Any information about other recorders able to use 256GB cards is welcome.

Gianni Pavan

--
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universit=E0 degli Studi di Pavia

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: