Playing with a Android smart phone

Subject: Playing with a Android smart phone
From: "Arn=FE=F3r Helgason"
Date: Mon May 5, 2014 10:59 am ((PDT))
I have 3 recorders which I use      for my recordings. Nagra Ares BB+
(my favourite), An Olympus LS-11 and Nagra Ares-M.
As I sometimes need a backup recorder for safety reasons I decided to
give Ls-11 a try. I connected a SD-302 preamp to the microphone imput of
the LS using the headphone jack of the preamp. For my great surprise the
result was amazing. The sound can hardly be compared to the Nagra, but
it is reasonable and quite good in an environment, not so quiet.

As my Samsung Galaxy phone seems to have 2 built-in mics I tested it
yesterday at a supermarket. The result can be found here:
http://hljod.blog.is/users/df/hljod/files/kronan_vestur_a_granda.mp3

I have been looking for a reasonable mic to connect to the phone. The
only thing I have found here in Iceland id a R=F8de lav. It is small and
nice, but has the disadvantage thas some hizzing noise comes whenever it
picks up a sound. And it is a mono.
In the sample here above I used ASR recorder.

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason
P.S.
I will be in China for a week and hope to bring back some sounds.