Re: The new nagra seven and 4 inputs

Subject: Re: The new nagra seven and 4 inputs
From: nrdavies.jim71
Date: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:29 pm ((PST))
David,=0D
=0D
If there was a big "thanks" button I could click, like on a forum I'm a mem=
ber of, I'd have clicked it.=0D
=0D
What you have just explained there has fired off a few neurons in my brain =
for sure. I've been struggling with this concept for myself for a while and=
 the way you've just carved it up into logical bits has nailed it for me. A=
s you are obviously well experienced, I take it virtually with out any ques=
tion. It's perfect sense.=0D
=0D
I was sent a master ( copy ) tape a while ago that was "ruined" by someone =
who used a multitrack machine to make it ( a daft way to go , in the first =
place ) with the left and right tracks out of sync due to the wrong use of =
the "sync" buttons on the machine. The tapes were about 40 years old and ha=
d never been reproduced because of this silly error.=0D
=0D
Because I now have the use of digital tech' to fix it, I've managed to get =
it 'about' right by sliding the right track up into sync with the left trac=
k. It was a tough exercise. I'm still not fully convinced I've done the bes=
t I can, yet. The flanging has been horrendous, but I currently have a digi=
tal copy that sounds pretty ok. The sample by sample matching is amazing an=
d time consuming, to say the least.=0D
=0D
I'm now fully aware that even a sample or two out of sync is a mess.=0D
=0D
norman.