Re: Hello, Thank You, a short (?) introduction & call for help

Subject: Re: Hello, Thank You, a short (?) introduction & call for help
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:20 pm ((PST))
> Maybe you could expain to me/us a bit more about what having them both at=
 the Nature Sound's Society annual Field Recording implies?
> - Does having these two parabola's at the field recording workshop means =
that some sort of inter-system head-to- head comparison be made during the =
venue?

It means that you can try them both and see what the differences are.

> If so, what aspects of the two will the workshop address/evaluate ? Will =
this workshop come up with/publish a report for others to read/learn from ?

We're not that formal, nor is there enough time to concentrate on one thing=
 that much. That's not to say that you couldn't devise a critical test, per=
form it, and write a report.

> - And mybe you can share with us if other models/systems will also be pre=
sent at the venue, and if not, why the Wildtronic and Telinga's were select=
ed  two were selected?

The Telinga has reigned alone for a long time. There simply haven't been an=
y other viable choices, beyond home-made rigs that cost less but are usuall=
y heavier and harder to handle. The Big Ears parabolic is too heavy. Hobby =
spy/birdwatching units are too noisy.

-Dan