Re: Common Starling murmuration recording?

Subject: Re: Common Starling murmuration recording?
From: oatcruncher
Date: Sat Nov 9, 2013 3:39 am ((PST))

 Hi David and all,
 I find myself agreeing with you about this recording, and also the nasty habit
that's encountered in most English nature programs; that is musak and and
talking over! I suppose that members of this group are going to be a bit more
biased than the 'general public', but it drives me absolutely crazy with
frustration, and just strengthens my belief that silence is becoming generally
less tolerated. I watch a lot natural history programs on German satellite, and
they are much better at leaving space to listen to what's happening, and rarely
have muzak over. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but it's MUCH more uncommon.
What's more, they (the Germans at least) are not obsessed as we are, with
Africa. Dear David Attenborough, as much as I admire him, also possesses this
affliction. Being minded that this is an international group, I should say that
I think this is just an English obsession. We appear to think that apart from
the UK, there aren't any other countries with wildlife other than Africa. I
find myself running down my own country more and more these days; sad.
 I apologise for rambling!
 Max

---In  <> wrote:

 > Here's one from Somerset, UK, recorded in 2011. The incredible rush of the
 > wings starts just after a minute. It's mono 'because I recorded it on my
 > ME66.
 >
 > https://audioboo.fm/boos/553531-flock https://audioboo.fm/boos/553531-flock

 Tony,

 Great recording, thanks for the link.