Re: 3.5mm recording input crackle

Subject: Re: 3.5mm recording input crackle
From: m_pesente
Date: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:43 am ((PDT))
David,
I had the FEL 3.5 SJ. It works really well, but (if I well remember) does not
provide the PIP. I used it with my old Zoom H2 and Telinga microphones, but the
level with all Telinga microphones is so high that I didn't need an additional
20dB gain. So I sold it... but now I regret that I did!

In the demo they used an old Roland R09 and a Sony ECM 717.

Marco Pesente

---In  <>
wrote:

 > to avoid wear and tear I use a stereo FEL Socket Saver
 > http://www.felmicamps.co.uk/products/felleadsandadapt.html
 > http://www.felmicamps.co.uk/products/felleadsandadapt.html

 Marco,

 I looked at the Felmic site and also listened t the demo of their 3.5mm PIP
 pre-amp:
 http://www.felmicamps.co.uk/products/fel3.5series.html
http://www.felmicamps.co.uk/products/fel3.5series.html
 http://www.felmicamps.co.uk/products/Resources/Before%20and%20After%201.mp3
http://www.felmicamps.co.uk/products/Resources/Before%20and%20After%201.mp3
 which is impressive. They don't say what recorder was used, but it seemed to
 reduce the hiss level to that of the mic/ambient hiss.

 They do a range of preamps which may be the answer to hissy mic inputs on
 digital recorders.

 David Brinicombe