need help with fizzing or interference in my mkh 40 mic

Subject: need help with fizzing or interference in my mkh 40 mic
From: "bleublancrouge24" bleublancrouge24
Date: Wed Jul 3, 2013 12:59 pm ((PDT))
i'm having something that sounds like fizzing noises coming from my mkh 40 mic
at times. sometimes it's there, then later on that day or another day it's not.
it will also change the fizzing quality if i move the mic around, pointing it
up or down or in other directions. (yes i've switched out the cables)

i know that back in 2011 vicki have noise problems with her mkh20. that was an
earthing problem.

i'm wondering if it's the same thing. this is an older mic that used to be
owned by a radio station in switzerland.

if any of you know what i'm talking about i'd like some help to see how i can
fix this problem. i'd like to send you a clip of what the noise sounds like to
help pinpoint what's wrong.

thanks in advance.
cheers,
P.