Re: My almost first recording, please rate

Subject: Re: My almost first recording, please rate
From: "jtudor2005" jtudor2005
Date: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:51 pm ((PDT))

--- In  "Mike Rooke" <> wrote:

> Hi John,
>            Would you be able to send a short 5 second clip of the origina=
l Mid / Side recording? Id like to check the response of the side mic vs th=
e mid to get some idea of how well they need to be matching.

> BR
> -Mike.
> m at urlme.net

Hi Mike

Unfortunately not. I no longer have that. I keep the original recordings of=
 important stuff, but this was a bit of playing around in the rain.

I can tell you the M/S pair is a Schoeps CCM4Lg & CCM8Lg.

The CCM4Lg sensitivity is 13 mV/Pa and the CCM8Lg is 10 mV/Pa

This means the bi-directional capsule requires 2.2dB [20 x log (13/10) =3D =
Message: 2.
Subject: 2dB] more gain to match the cardioid. I leave them as 1:1 during
recordin=
g and add 2.2dB to the side channel during editing. FYI I use the excellent=
 Voxengon M/S plugin for decoding the signal.

I hope that helps a bit.

Send me your email and I can send you a few seconds of M/S orchestral recor=
ding in it's raw state.

John