Re: [Nature Recordists] Re: Tascam DR680 + 2 Audio Technica AT4022=

To: "" <>
Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] Re: Tascam DR680 + 2 Audio Technica AT4022=
From: Peter Shute <>
Omnidirectional Condensers with Yoga Block for SASS array

I get the impression that any recorder that supplies phantom power has wors=
battery life than one that doesn't, or than the same recorder when only
supplying PiP. Can someone tell me why this is?

Is it because creating phantom power is somehow inefficient, or is it just=

because the types of mics that require phantom power require more power to =
run?

Peter Shute

Sent from my iPad

On 11/06/2013, at 8:50 AM, "Ray Mansell" <> wrote:

> For phantom-powered mics, the LS-100 internal battery will only provide
> about 2.5 hours recording time. More than that requires an external power
> source.
>
> Ray...
>
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM, tankramjet <>wro=
te:

@...>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Time to stop sitting on the sideline for me. This is what I plan on
>>> buying to record some nice
>>> soundscapes in the forest.
>>>
>>> My cost will be around $1300 for this kit:
>>>
>>> Tascam DR680
>>> 2 x AT4022 Omnidirectional condensers
>>> 1 foam/cork yoga block that I'll use to create an DIY SASS array