Re: headphones for use on field

Subject: Re: headphones for use on field
From: "Max Catterwell" oatcruncher
Date: Fri May 31, 2013 8:31 am ((PDT))
Hi Chris and all,
The Sonys arrived this morning, and with the limited testing I've done with=
 them I'm very pleased - thanks Chris! For =C2=A36.50 including postage the=
y're a cracking buy, and will now replace my Sennheisers for field use.
Keep up the good work on the mobile site Chris. I've just bought an Android=
 phone, which I'm putting through its paces - interesting.
The weather suddenly changed for the better today, after an incredibly cold=
 and damp Spring. I saw my first queen wasp in the garden, and have just ta=
ken my first piccie this year of one of my favourite subjects, the Greenbot=
tle fly!
Cheers
Max

Sent from my iPod

On 31 May 2013, at 02:31, "chrishails50" <> wrote:

> Thanks Klas and Max, I am glad you found my post useful, and as I said I =
consider myself a pragmatist rather than a purist.

> And Max invested money - crazy guy !  But I am well thanks Max, strugglin=
g to make wildechoes.org fully mobile compatible with my limited skills, an=
d never have a enough time to do all I want to, but otherwise very well.

.> wrote:

>> Hi Chris!
>> On the basis of your recommendation I have ordered a pair of the Sony MD=
R-WO8L's from Amazon, for the silly price they're selling them for. Up unti=
l now I've used my Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's, and although they're superb in =
the studio, they're slightly cumbersome in the field.
>> Hoping you're as well as you appear to be
>> Max
>>
>> Sent from my iPod
>>
>> On 28 May 2013, at 19:59, "chrishails50" <> wrote:
>>
>>> Welcome Manuel !
>>>
>>> I think it really depends upon your needs. (and as David said you will =
not get consistent answers from the group with this as a basis).

>>> I regard myself as a pragmatic person and am a hunter-gatherer recordis=
t who wanders around with a Telinga parabola for 90% of my recording time.