Re: Sound Editing Software

Subject: Re: Sound Editing Software
From: "Nick Dando" =
ld.com
Date: Thu May 30, 2013 11:37 am ((PDT))

I use Apple Soundtrack Pro which I inherited when I bought my Mac Pro. It's=
 been dropped since and the new version of FinalCut is nowhere near as good=
. I tried Logic and it just didn't do what I needed it to do. I like Soundt=
rack Pro and use it in preference to Reaper as the interface is much, much =
better and more Apple-like. Unfortunately I can no longer run STP on my lap=
top, so have to rely on Reaper when I'm away from home.

Alternatives are Reaper, which is cheap, and Audacity, which is free, but d=
oesn't have the ability to deal with 24/192 recordings.

Nick
On 30 May 2013, at 18:42, Bill Whitacre <> wrote:

> I use Amadeus Pro on a Mac for all sorts of audio editing tasks - includi=
ng bird calls. I don't use anywhere near all its features but what little I=
 use, I like.

> ---
>
> On May 30, 2013, at 1:31 PM,  wrote:
>
> > I'm new to wildlife sound recording and just after some advice of which=
 software to use for editing sounds. I need to perform usual editing, clean=
sing, stereo image processing, mixing and metadata application. I use a Mac=
 current model (not compatible with audition3 due to different processor).