Re: headphones for outdoor use: closed vs. open?

Subject: Re: headphones for outdoor use: closed vs. open?
From: "Eric Fassbender" eric.fassbender
Date: Wed May 22, 2013 5:24 pm ((PDT))
+1 for Beyerdynamics. They have a large variety though, so choose wisely. H=
ere is a great comparison article:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990=
-models-more

But I have only read the first page with the original review/comparison.

I ended up with the 600 Ohm DT880 paired with a small amp but that was for =
music listening and enjoyment. I don't think this would suit you as you wou=
ldn't want to carry around and charge the amp all the time, plus, it is sem=
i-open. I would probably go for a closed version with lower Ohm's. So proba=
bly the DT770 with 250 Ohm. It looks like the PRO version clamps more tight=
ly and thus produces better bass and more isolation but it might get a bit =
painful on long sessions.

Cheers,

Eric