Re: The lowest frequency sound know from any bird.......

Subject: Re: The lowest frequency sound know from any bird.......
Date: Tue May 14, 2013 12:43 pm ((PDT))
The Capercaillie (Tetrao urogallus) has a really extraordinary song, best d=
escribed as sounding like someone uncorking a bottle of sparkling wine, fil=
ling a glass, then hearing the bubbles fizz. Truly beautiful, if you are a =
female Capercaillie. =0D
Anyway, the terminal fizz part is accompanied by a strange infrasonic burr.=
=0D
All this was described years ago by Scottish scientists in a paper in the I=
bis journal.=0D
=0D
Richard Ranft=0D
The British Library=0D