Re: inverting a track on a stereo recording to increase gain....huh?

Subject: Re: inverting a track on a stereo recording to increase gain....huh?
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Tue May 7, 2013 7:33 am ((PDT))
< Can my microphones (K6 + ME66 or ME62) be out of phase internally? >

No, this was explained in my post of a couple days ago. You are sending mon=
o to 2 channels using the + & - signals in a balanced line. Those signals a=
re out of polarity. & when combined they cancel your signal. Either get a n=
ew mic cable specifically wired to send positive polarity to both channels,=
 or else simply separate your channels in Audacity & discard the right chan=
nel, leaving a mono channel.

Scott Fraser