Re: Matching electrets

Subject: Re: Matching electrets
From: "Raimund" animalsounds
Date: Sun Apr 7, 2013 1:34 am ((PDT))
> Not sure this is correct, 470 ohms sounds like your measuring the wrong p=
>
> The EM172-Z1 capsules I hacked at back in 2009 had 100R on the source to =
ground so unless Primo have changed the design or perhaps your using differ=
ent capsules?

> 3  2
>   1
>
> 1=3DGND, 3=3DSource between 3&1 is 100 ohms on the EM172-Z1 part, if your=
 capsules
> are different ignore my message entirely.

Hi Mike,

Yes, the standard EM172-Z1 comes with a 100 ohms source resistor. But it se=
ems that there are also variants that indeed have such a 470 ohms resistor =
between the pads 1 and 3. The capsules in the SONY PCM-M10 for instance (wh=
ich look almost the same as the original EM172-Z1) are such 470 ohms varian=
ts.

Regards,
Raimund

<*> Your email settings: