Re: Pre-Dawn Owls in Pinnacles Campground

Subject: Re: Pre-Dawn Owls in Pinnacles Campground
From: "sounds.images" sounds.images
Date: Mon Apr 1, 2013 10:16 am ((PDT))
Very nice. Nice to be out when everyone else is asleep, makes the recording=
 even more special.
 Will listen to your other pieces too.

Simon.

--- In  John Brenneman <> wro=
te:

> Hi to my fellow recordists,
>
> I made a recording just over a week ago in the campground of Pinnacles Na=
tl. Monument.  It's a place where human sounds are hard to avoid.  At 4:30a=
m most people were asleep and many other creatures were not.  My wife Karen=
 and I have been taking an owl class given by Dave Quady a very knowledgabl=
e instructor in the San Francisco Bay area so we were ready to hear them.  =
We were pleasantly surprised to have Northern Saw-Whet Owls and Western Scr=
eech Owls around our campsite.  This is part of a 2 1/2 hr recording.  For =
some reason the sound level is higher than I recorded it . You may want to =
lower the level a bunch to get the true effect.