Re: Michael Morcombe eGuide update

Subject: Re: Michael Morcombe eGuide update
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:03 pm ((PDT))
There is a "coming soon" advert for Pizzey and Knight in electronic form in=
 the latest issue of the Birdlife Australia magazine, and taking to Nick Da=
y late last year there has been discussion about producing a electronic ver=
sion of Simpson and Day, although I don't believe there was anything firm a=
t the time.

It will be interesting to see who provides the recordings, if any are inclu=
ded, for Pizzey and Knight.  I don't think there are that many individuals =
who would have a catalogue of recordings that covers the country in detail.=
 Fred Van Gessel springs to mind as a candidate - perhaps there are a few o=
thers.

cheers
Paul

On 13/03/2013, at 11:28 AM, Peter Shute <> wrote:

> It's very good, but it's strongest feature at the moment is that it's sti=
ll the only electronic Australian bird field available. Lots of people seem=
 to be buying it for the recordings and seem generally happy with it, so it=
 should hold its own once there are others on the market. People have alway=
s been critical of the drawings, so he'll have some competition there.

> I assume you're talking about the iOS or Android versions. The Blackberry=
 version is sadly behind the others, and I hold little hope that it'll ever=
 be updated.