3. Re: Is my equipment outdated?

Subject: 3. Re: Is my equipment outdated?
From: "Robin" robin_parmar_sound
Date: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:02 pm ((PST))
Ryan wrote:

> How do I solve the blimp issue for the SASS?

SASS calls for omnidirectional microphones, which, as a rule, require a lot=
 less noise protection than directional mics. I don't use any sort of a bou=
ndary layer setup myself (would like to try) but instead record with spaced=
 omnis. For this setup, fluffies are sufficient wind protection, not to men=
tion they are much more portable and cheaper.

This by no means is meant to contradict any of the detailed and much more t=
ested advice David has contributed. A blimp IS better. But maybe you don't =
need one.

I recommend develop an incremental solution to each problem as you face it,=
 making recordings and learning for yourself as you go. So long as you stil=
l have an overall plan in place, this is not necessarily any more expensive=
.

:: Robin Parmar :: THE DRONES now available on BandCamp ::