1. Re: TASCAM DR-100 MK2 & SONY MDR-7506 Phones

Subject: 1. Re: TASCAM DR-100 MK2 & SONY MDR-7506 Phones
From: "Robin" robin_parmar_sound
Date: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:13 am ((PST))
lily hall wrote:

> There I tried several open sennheisers including the HD800s. Those headph=
ones explain the meaning of flat, "articulate" and "analytical". can't get =
them off my mind, therefore, a good way to train ears for auditioning headp=
hones. one could hear "every" sound within a nice soundstage from them (the=
 HD 800 costs as much as a CA mortgage).

Try instead the Sennheiser HD 600, which are reputed to sound 98% as amazin=
g as the 800 set. I don't know, since I've never had the chance to compare.=
 After that one ends up in the world of >$2K cans, which is a world I will =
never visit.

In either case large open headphones are not so useful for the field, but n=
ice at home.

:: Robin Parmar :: new album THE DRONES available now on BandCamp ::