Re: minidiscs?

Subject: Re: minidiscs?
From: "Avocet" madl74
Date: Mon Feb 4, 2013 5:08 pm ((PST))
I was using a Sony Pro-Walkman for bat detector recordings when
minidiscs came along. I'd got three nice ones when pocket digital came
along and they are now in a drawer somewhere.

One snag with the first series was that you could only output them as
audio and then had to re-record as mp3's for analysis. The biggest
snag, as other bat enthusiasts found, was that the minidiscs wore out.
You were never sure when they were going to fail which usually
resulted in a whole disc corruption. It may have been due to recording
on damp evenings, but losing a night's bat emergence was trying.

David

David Brinicombe
North Devon, UK
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce