2. Re: Avlex M-S mic O/T

Subject: 2. Re: Avlex M-S mic O/T
From: "Max" oatcruncher
Date: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:20 am ((PST))
Hi Keith!
I just had a look at Colney on the satellite map, and it looks like a nice =
quiet place. The Rushcutters at Thorpe is still there, and has a very good =
reputation for food, but I'm not sure about the ghosts! It's a shame your d=
ad didn't get back to the mountains; is that where you're at now, or still =
Toronto way? I found via the bad link a piccie of jazz musicians, and I'm g=
uessing from what you said earlier about guitars, that you're the guitarist=
 on the left? I'm a mess around woodwind man myself, mainly flutes, fifes a=
nd whistles. This comes from my biggest music interest, folk. Keep it cool!
Max

--- In  Keith Smith <> wrote:

> Yes. Uncle Ken Williams in Colney. Was with Norwich Union for many years.
> My Dad, also from Norwich, was sent to Alberta for flight training in WWI=
I.
> He was Capt. RA and Fl. Lt. RAF at the same time. The story is that the R=
> wanted their own people to fly recon missions and chose 50 men for the jo=
b.
> Dad fell in love with the mountains here and when the war was over
> emigrated to Canada with my mother and older sister in '47. I came along
> after that. Funny thing was that he soon got transferred to Toronto and I
> grew up near there. He never got out here again.
>
> Are the ghosts at Thorpe Gardens still upset? It was called the Rushcutte=
rs
> when I was there in '86. Word was, they were throwing cutlery around. My
> grandmother managed it during the war.
>
> Cheers to you, Max!
>

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Keith Smith <> wrote:
>
> > I see. Yahoo breaks the link.
> > try this<http://www.samplesmith.com/NatRec/121114-GriffithWoods_Sony%20=
ECM-MS907_661_InGain8.wav>

> > On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Max <> wrote:
> >
> >> **
> >>

> >> I can't get to work either, and I've tried it two browsers; Firefox an=
> >> Chrome?
> >>
> >> Max
> >>
> >> --- In  Keith Smith <kahsmith@>

> >> good!