Re: was: What is a good nature sound recording?

Subject: Re: was: What is a good nature sound recording?
From: "Keith Smith" keithahsmith
Date: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:01 am ((PST))
Ah. My expectation runs along the same lines as Scott and Vicky.
My presumption depends on the site's BSQ (bull shit quotient). That, in
great measure depends on my perception of who wrote the copy (manufacturer
or marketer), the fulsomeness of the specs (what are they hiding?), and on
the sales pressure I'm made to feel.

Telinga makes me feel good. BSQ=3D0  The guy is clearly making stuff he
believes is good and is offering it for sale. That's all I want.

'ACME' -YOU CAN"T BE A PROFESSIONAL WITHOUT THIS -sends me running and I
won't believe the specs or the sample if I can't verify either of them
elsewhere.

Copy that has been obviously 'dumbed down' for my consumption or de-spec'ed
and filled with flowery adjectives has much the same effect and can even
send me to a different seller for a product I know is OK.

I don't mind Fades on samples, as they give me a chance to hit the mute
button in case I've just been listening to something really quiet.

OT:
What really drives me nuts is typing say, AKG into a search engine and then
having to wade through 50 bargain search entries to find AKG's site.
Happily, this doesn't happen with Telinga.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Scott Fraser <>wrote=
:

--
Keith Smith

Keith Smith Trio, Northern Lights =96 Altai Khangai - www.keithsmith.ca