Re: New preamp from Telinga

Subject: Re: New preamp from Telinga
From: "Robb Nichols" robb_nichols
Date: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:08 pm ((PDT))
I'm sure this will be a very nice little preamp, Klas.

I don't currently have any plans to make a competitive product, but as
long as we're on the subject of tools for PIP mics, some of you might be
interested in a P48 phantom-powered preamp for PIP mics that we offer.
The P48V1M configuration of our PA3 amplifier was originally designed to
support our H2a hydrophone, but it could be very handy for anybody that
needs to connect a PIP mic to a balanced balanced mic input.  I can
envision rough-service applications where somebody might pair a
good-quality electret capsule with PA3-P48V1M for reasonably high-end
sound, without putting his best mics in harm's way.

We also are selling a very low-cost buffer amp, the PA1, for anybody who
might be experimenting with home-made piezo contact mics or
hydrophones.  If interested:

http://www.aquarianaudio.com/accessories/electronics/amplifiers.html

Regards, Robb