Re: Microphone advice for Parabolic please

Subject: Re: Microphone advice for Parabolic please
From: "Tim Bartlett" =
rnet.com
Date: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:16 am ((PDT))

Hey all,

Fwiw =96 I purchased a dish from here=85

http://www.wildeye.co.uk/reflectors.html

..which cost around =A350 GBP. Think they are sold out now, but surely
something similar can be found somewhere.

I then purchased a small omni Microphone Madness mic for a similar amount o=
money.

The results I got can be heard here (recorded with a Sony D50)=85

http://soundcloud.com/tim-b/recording-of-a-song-thrush

Given the quality of the above, apart from the convenience of a folding
device of some kind, I don=92t think you need to spend loads of cash to get
some decent results. If anyone wants further info, give me a shout.

Cheers for now

Tim