Re: Wind/LF energy through tripod/stand

Subject: Re: Wind/LF energy through tripod/stand
From: "E Karel" lerake
Date: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:06 am ((PDT))
Interesting point about going lower.  My sense of this had always been to
approximate the height of a human head, but I haven't tried comparing
head-height with knee-height.  Wouldn't the 'reach' of the mics be somewhat
less down low?

I've been surprised by the LF content in recordings I've made in wind, with
full Rycote zeppelin/windjammer, and also wondered about the effect of the wind
on the stand itself, and the cables.  Going lower is one remedy, but does
anyone wrap fur around their stands or anything like that?

Ernst