Re: a bit of an odd request...

Subject: Re: a bit of an odd request...
From: "Gregory O'Drobinak" gmo_dunes2
Date: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:59 pm ((PDT))
Is it possible for her to use magnetically shielded speakers? I guess I don=
't
quite understand the implications of her disease.

In our 'contemporary' world,  you do indeed need an electromagnetic transdu=
cer
of some sort to move the air in order to hear the sound.

So, no matter how you slice it, you need some electronics somewhere. And a=

source of recorded sound or a radio receiver.

I know that they make special air-driven headsets for patients in MRI machi=
nes
so that they can listen to music. That would be fine, but again there is an=

electromagnetic transducer located remotely to produce the driven air.

Perhaps the ideal solution is an old Victrola that is hand cranked. However=
, I
don't know if it could be modified to play modern LPs.

But the Victrola is  a completely mechanical device, no electronics.

Maybe you can be more detailed about what exactly she can be exposed to and=
 how
far away.

Is there any electricity in her house, i.e., mains wiring of 110 or 220 VAC=
?

Best regards,

Greg