Re: Buzzards

Subject: Re: Buzzards
From: "Ray Mansell" BCTess
Date: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:42 am ((PDT))
I've obviously been living in the US too long, because as soon as I saw
"buzzard", I thought "vulture", and wondered why they would be hunting
since they feed only on carrion. When I listened to your track, though,
what I heard were definitely hawk calls, and a quick google revealed that
the UK 'buzzard' is indeed a hawk, whereas the US buzzard is (usually) a
vulture.

Yet another example of the contradictions between our (not so) common
language!

In any case, a very nice recording, and it was good to read that (UK)
buzzards are doing so well.

Ray