1. Re: strange sintony between bird and frog

Subject: 1. Re: strange sintony between bird and frog
From: "freitojos" freitojos
Date: Sun Jul 1, 2012 10:00 am ((PDT))
Hi Jonh,
The recording is not with parabora this time, but the gain in the side was =
less that in the mid aprox 25 db less. So it is maybe the cause. I have mad=
e another recording after you have said that the sidewas much lower and the=
se one is with parabola: http://soundcloud.com/freitojos/120627t0600z-santm=
argdaserra

This one is with the gain in the mic preamp the same as I remember but with=
 parabola so maybe you could compare the two, the previous ms without parab=
ola and the extra gain in the mid, and these one here same gain and parabol=
a.
I am sory for my poor english!
Regards,
Jos=E9

--- In  "hartogj" <> wrote=
:

> Hi Jos=E9,
> Now that's solved, yet I have another question about your recording.
> Regarding your ms stereo technique, why is the mid signal so exaggerated =
compared to the side signal? I don't think you mentioned it, but now I wond=
er - were you using a parabolic dish?

> John Hartog
> rockscallop.org
>

> --- In  "freitojos" <josefreitas81@> wro=
te:

> > Ok Raimond,
> > Mistery solved.
> > Regards,
> > Jos=E9
> >
> > --- In  "Raimund" <raimundspecht@> wro=
te:

g. You are absolutely shure that the files in xeno-canto you posted are onl=
y the Luscinia megharincos call and no frog in it? The "croak" is  in the L=
uscinia repertoir for shure?

> > > Hi Jos=E9,
> > >
> > > Yes, I'm quite sure that xeno-canto is correct here. I know these ala=
rm calls also from my own experience. Nightingales are very common here in =
Germany, even in the city of Berlin where I live. In spring you can find th=
em singing in almost every park. So, there is really no doubt.

g-like alarm call". See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightingale