13. Re: R-44 issue

Subject: 13. Re: R-44 issue
From: "Jez" tempjez
Date: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 am ((PDT))
Hi,

yes - they are the proper DAD6001 xlr phantom adaptors.

the DPA's run at around 5mA max - & these issues occur even if just one DPA=
 is attached.

The DPA's also work fine on all kinds of other recorders - from the lower c=
ost units (inc. zoom, tascam, olympus etc) to other prosumer ones with simi=
lar specs as the R-44.

--- In  "sainganrob" <> =
wrote:

> Jez, can you confirm that the XLR adapter is a proper DPA regulator type?
> I've seen on the net some ridiculous wiring advice for DPA4060 XLR phanto=
m aadapters which basically short pins 1&3 and place a 1K resistor from pin=
 2 to 1. This would draw in excess of 13mA.

> Although the R44 is capable of supplying multiple 4060s wired correctly, =
the R44 spec does say "8mA per 1 channel".