7. Re: Mixing using Headphones

Subject: 7. Re: Mixing using Headphones
From: "Avocet" madl74
Date: Mon May 28, 2012 3:58 pm ((PDT))
> So, it follows logically, aesthetically, emotionally,
> historically, philosophically, technically etc., etc., that there=92s
> no such animal as an unadulterated recorded sound.

Bernie,

Agreed. Perhaps I may go one step further and say there is no such
thing as a recorded sound. What we hear is an illusion, especially
with stereo, and our brains re-interpret it as they do with any work
of art. A portrait is not a person. There are no birds in my living
room (except for the occasional jackdaw), but my cats get the illusion
as well, but quickly lose interest when they see nothing flying there.

I hail from the era of the gramophone when we listened to a wiggly
groove. I'm afraid that I tend to describe some "manufactured" music
as tuned noise when it lacks artistic content. :-)

David

David Brinicombe
North Devon, UK
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce