Re: Roland R-26

Subject: Re: Roland R-26
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Wed May 9, 2012 1:58 am ((PDT))
Hi Jez,
         Heres an alternating recording using the XY and Omni mics. The seq=
uence is always XY then Omni, XY,Omni etc. Not a quiet location but may giv=
e some idea of the mics in 40-45dBA SPL.

http://urlme.net/audio/R26-XY-Omni-Repeating.flac

Handling noise at the start, The foam cover is in place over the mics.
Sensitivity low, gain dial near 5 oclock.

BR
MIke.

--- In  "Jez" <> wrote:

> thanks Mike. I actually use the Korg MR2 as a hand held & like it. Part o=
f the reason i'm researching some of the newer hand held's is because a pal=
 (Amy) is looking for one & this was one of the models that I hadn't actual=
ly used myself.

> What did you think to the built in mics ?
>
> The other models that were under consideration for my pal are the Tascam =
DR-100 & the Olympus LS-100. Some of the comments online seem to say the pr=
e-amps are better on the R-26 for example.

> ta,
>
> Jez
>
> --- In  "Mike Rooke" <yg@> wrote:
> >
> > I own this recorder, pip input is noisy, xlr inputs are quiet. Battery =
meter doesn't seem to know what time of day it is. UI / touch screen is ver=
y nice to use. Plastic build quality. PIP/3.5mm input is far nosier than e.=
g Sony D50 or Korg MR2 about the same level as the R09HR according to Raimu=
nds testing.
> > http://www.avisoft.com/recordertests.htm
> >
> > Using sensitive electrets on the pip and p48 on the XLR you can record =
4 channels, or 6 including the on board mics. Phantom can be turned on/off =
for the XLR inputs, and mono recording is possible.

> > Interesting in the high z performance of the R26?
> >
> > -Mike.
> >
> > --- In  "Jez" <tempjez@> wrote:
> > >
> > > anyone out there used this recorder ?
> > >
> > > I've been catching up on some of the more recent hand held's recently=
 as a pal was looking for one. Most are well documented online or i've been=
 able to check out when folks on the workshops have brought them along, but=
 the Roland R-26 doesn't seem to have had much feedback online so far.

> > > It seems to have good specs & some good comments re pre-amps & genera=
l specs but it'd be good to know more.

> > > ta.
> > >
> > > Jez

<*> Your email settings: