Re: Sony Hi-MD Mini disc - no longer compatible with Mac OSX

Subject: Re: Sony Hi-MD Mini disc - no longer compatible with Mac OSX
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Wed May 2, 2012 3:40 pm ((PDT))
Sadly its not only recorders affected, I "lost" two USB sound cards as a re=
sult of the upgrade - theres progress for you :(

Sorry to state the obvious but I'd recommend switching to a flash based rec=
order like the Sony M10 or D50.

BR
Mike.

--- In  "davimon100" <> wrote:

> Can anyone advise how I can transfer audio files captured on a Sony MD/ H=
i-MD to Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion).  It is only now, after I bought a used Sony MD=
 player, the mic capsules and built a battery box, that I thought to check =
that the files could be imported/ exported OK to my MacBook.  I tried the l=
atest Sony file for Mac and I get the message that the software is no longe=
r working; certainly the MD is not recognised as a separate device on the M=
acBook.  Sony, it appears, have thrown in the towel on developing a new one=
.

> I have been working on a boundary mic setup to  record to a Mini-Disc, gi=
ven that I had read that the preamps aren't bad for such a small unit and t=
hat the files can record relatively uncompressed.  I thought this would mak=
e a neat setup and leave rig for field recording.  This certainly won't be =
the case if there isn't a way to get the files off the discs and into a DAW=
.

> I'd appreciate any suggestions you have on a workaround for this - hopefu=
lly one that doesn't involve me buying a PC as well.