Re: Recorded last week in Pinnacles National Monument, California

Subject: Re: Recorded last week in Pinnacles National Monument, California
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:20 am ((PDT))
Depends on the kind of metal or other medium, Dan. Mine are wire-thin
aluminum and I use about 6 for 33 ft of cable. So they're pretty light
=96 about 13 oz. If you don't want to carry more weight, cut sticks (if =

you're at a site where they can be got) w/ "y" splits at the top and
run the cables over that w/ ties.

BK

On Apr 28, 2012, at 9:04 AM, Dan Dugan wrote:

>> Rabbits and rodents have to gnaw on things to keep their teeth from
>> curling around and growing into their wee brains. They especially
>> love
>> expensive coaxial mic cables.  When recording, always take a number
>> of
>> thin metal stakes about 25 - 30 inches (63 - 76cm) long with a loop
>> at
>> the top through which to thread your cables, thus keeping them off
>> the
>> ground and inaccessible to critters.
>
> Hmmm, how many more pounds would those add to my pack. Maybe saving
> up for digital wireless links=85
>
> -Dan

Wild Sanctuary
POB 536