Re: Wind in the Willow(s) - MX391 Head Spaced Boundary

Subject: Re: Wind in the Willow(s) - MX391 Head Spaced Boundary
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:40 pm ((PDT))
MX391 in a blimp or the NT4. I modified my NT4 fitting NT45-O capsules to it
and removing the fixed capsule angle. A pair of ears fit the capsules and the
whole lot slides into a blimp -end result pseudo binaural rig with improved SNR
due to the ears, keeping the battery option or phantom power. :)

Tree binuaral with the Shure mics would also sound good.

I recently traveled to Whitesands bay / Wales with rather too much gear, ended
up using Roland in-ear binaural mics + Neumann WSB100 wind screen for many of
the recordings and the MX391O blimp rig for the rest / waves / rock pools etc.

I guess the bottom line is to use something you know works or is proven from
prior field recording trips. Wind noise protection and adequate sensitivity
with low enough noise for the area.

-Mike.