Re: Sulphur crested Cockatoo(s) & Recording

Subject: Re: Sulphur crested Cockatoo(s) & Recording
From: "Michael Dalton" mdaltonarielle
Date: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:33 am ((PST))
Awwwh Jim,
=A0
Sorry if you took my comments seriously. I was just funnin' with you in ret=
urn. You should have picked up on my comment, "Tastes like chicken to me!" =
Americans don't eat their pets.
=A0
I do have people make similar comments to me when I am out walking with my =
macaw. Usually happens close to Thanksgiving.
=A0
Also my comment to Martyn was intended to be humorous, but I was partially =
serious. It seems as if once a bird learns English, it is able to communica=
te with us flock members without screaming. It is rare for my bird to screa=
m, when she does it is usually her perception of a hawk flying overhead. Ta=
lking season is on the up swing, so yesterday, for example, I recorded a 21=
 minute track of her speech. She is breaking in my new Tascam SS-R100 solid=
 state recorder.
=A0
Maybe some recordists can weigh in on a debate going on here. Is it better =
to record my data from the solid state recorder to CDs for storage or would=
 it be better to collect a stack of SD cards?
=A0
Mike
Florida

Re: Sulphur crested Cockatoo(s)
Posted by: "Jim Morgan"  fundador_four
Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:41 am (PST)

Mike - I was not serious, just an attempt at humor. I love all animals. My
property is overrun with Gambles Quail and I wouldn't dream of eating any
of them.

I should of made that clear, sorry.

Jim